Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just paperwork.

I had my appointment at the mid-wives clinic this afternoon.

Mid-wife: "Who is your GP (General Practitioner/Doctor)"
Me: "I don't have one."
Mid-wife: "Who is your Obstetrician?"
Me: "I don't have one."
Mid-wife: Blank stare.

Yes, at some moments I felt unprepared for my situation. I know it's understandable considering we've only been in Ballarat since December, but maybe I should've sorted these things out sooner. The reason I'm going through the Primary Mid-Wife Program is because I want as natural a birth as possible and I figure they are the safest way to do that. They agree with that and are fine that I don't already have a GP/Obstetrician, they were just suprised.

The big hang-up came when I found out that this program is solely a public program, and to be in it you have to be eligible for public healthcare. I wish I was... it's FREE, but I'm not and I won't be until I'm a permanent resident. Pray this happens soon! In the meantime they're sort of letting me in it as a private patient (PTL) which Kate and I were praying they'd do. The rest of the appointment was just paperwork.

I now have another appointment this coming Wednesday. It's an 'anti-natal' appointment with a doctor where they assess my pregnancy, and if it's low risk I can (hopefully) be in the program. I should have more baby news for you then.

This past week I've finally started feeling bigger in the stomach. I don't necessarily look it, but I feel it and that makes a difference to me. I'll take a new belly shot in the next few days. I'm noticing I feel great when I go to bed nice and early, and I feel just sick when I don't (and that's happened too many nights this week). Also, please pray that I don't get sick... a few of my colleagues have had chest infections/coughing colds and I started feeling like I was coming down with something yesterday. It actually started really worrying me because I know I can't have medicine when I'm pregnant. Strangely I drempt about it and in my dream a mid-wife told me I'd be fine and that did and has made me feel better.

3 comments:

Cam and Jen said...

Thank you rach. your blogs are wonderful and it is fab to get to be on the pregnancy journey with you. thank you for your thoroughness- it is delightful. Based off of reading your other blog it looks as if you two (three!!) are settling in very nicely- it looks as if you have made some nice friends and are connected to a church that seems to fit your style well (way to go getting back into music, I just found the cd we made :) and it made me want to make more music)
sorry our blog has lagged... our internet situation is horrible, but i am still committed and will do my best to post as much as possible.
much love
jenelle

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

I'm so thankful that you've so far been allowed to be seen by the midwife!! It's good to get caught up with where you are. I'll be praying for you as you go tomorrow and look forward to hearing an update! I'd say you start showing within the next month... ?? So fun. How is Melissa doing? Any more thoughts on the baby book idea? Any suggestions on cheap plane tickets?

Sue said...

:)
i am so happy for you two!