Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

26 weeks

Look how big my baby is!

How my baby's growing:

The network of nerves in my baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my voice and Mark's as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

How I'm growing:


Can't really tell from the front, can you?! My breasts look different sizes, but they're really not. Not sure what they were doing in this photo...

Can't really tell from behind either.

But from the side... I finally have a bump!

Yaah!

With more clothes on, in our bedroom.

I'm wearing a belly band, a wonderful invention... lengthens any shirt.



The baby's room. Above the crib I plan on painting a 3-panel series, blue sky with butterflies on it. It will be nature-y and cute. And I'm hoping to make him a baby quilt, with blues and butterflies on it as well. Is it OK to have butterflies in a little boy's room?


The baby's room also serves as our office. We figure he doesn't need all that room, and he'll be sleeping in our room the first few months anyway!



Hmmm. So I'm enjoying my maternity leave, mostly just being able to relax more and spend more time with Mark. We never seem to get sick of each other. We always just really enjoy each other's company. I've still been very busy. There's been lots of paperwork stuff for me and Mark to catch up on. And there's always a million projects I want to do. I actually still haven't focused as much as I'd like to on the pregnancy, but it's slowly coming. I just joined a gym, and an 'Aqua Mums' class. That's pretty fun. Hopefully I'll make friends with some of them. It makes me feel more pregnant swimming around with other pregnant ladies. =) I wear my bikini and show off my beautiful belly. I feel the baby moving around loads these days. I guess I have for a while now. I love it. Mark feels him too. Overall I'm doing well. Can't complain. It's all been pretty easy. Thanks for your prayers.

I'm actually getting pretty tired-- too tired to focus on this, so I'll leave it for now. Hopefully you enjoyed it!

Love,

Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Rachel!! You can see your growing baby bump!! How exciting to feel life inside of you! I love the butterfly idea. Maybe not pink butterflies...yellow? Absolutely okay, at least I think so.
It's fun to "see" you on here!! :)
Love,
Laura D.

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

yes! I enjoy reading the updates!! I've been awaiting them. It's great to see pics. And look forward to joining you soon! I'm glad you guys are doing well. And that the pregnancy is going so beautifully. I hope you continue to find as much time as you'd hoped to focus on it.
i love you!