Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Friday, March 28, 2008

8 weeks today!

Hooray! I'm 8 weeks pregnant today! Each day it feels more real. We are both touching and kissing (well, Mark is) my belly these days, embracing the fact that we have one more to our family now. I'm not sure how Bella will take it. She is a very jealous cat, always wanting both of our full attentions. Often she'll sit between us, with one paw on each of us! We do love her =) Back to the pregnancy... The past few days the tiredness has really set it. I've been working a lot though, so I'm not sure how big a role that is playing in it. Anyhow, I'm tired. Strangely, my hunger hasn't picked up as I thought it would. If anything, food doesn't sound good. I'll be hungry, but I won't want to eat anything. I'm settling into a routine though where I usually eat porridge for breakfast, have soup and sourdough bread or salad for lunch, maybe a berry, OJ, and sheep's milk yogurt smoothie for a snack after work, and then who knows what for dinner. That's the hardest one since I'm too tired to cook, and Mark's not usually up for it either. Last night we had pizza. That actually does sound good right now (although I'm trying to avoid wheat). [Yaah! There were some leftovers in the fridge. I just grabbed a bite.] I really haven't been in the mood for veg like I usually am, but what's been helping is having my lunches (my soups or salads) at Boah's Organic Grocery Store and Cafe. It's just down the street from where I work at Starbucks. It does mean eating out every or every other lunch, but it's not too expensive, the portions are so big to me I often each just half and save the other half for the next day, it saves me heaps of time that I would've had to spend preparing my own lunches and shopping for the food, it tastes good and I feel so good knowing that my baby is getting organic veggies! It been a great lunch-time option. Mark and I are also quite fortunate... we get to have lunch together 3 times a week! How many other full-time working couples get that?? That's all for now...

1 comment:

Cam and Jen said...

This is fabulous!! Thank you for letting us all in on your pregnancy! In regards to the hot baths, i wouldn't feel too guilty- though, i would try to avoid getting too hot. Do you have any food cravings?