Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Belly Shot #1

I'm only 7 1/2 weeks pregnant now, and as thin as I am I don't think I'm showing yet. I'd like to think I was showing, to feel more pregnant, but when I asked Mark his opinion he basically said my stomach has looked this way ever since I've known him! Ouch! Nonetheless, we can all pretend this is a pregnant bump... it's at least the beginning of one =)


This blog was inspired by my friend Leigh who joyfully wants to share in my pregnancy/birth/motherhood experiences to come. I'm sure my mother will appreciate it as well.

I don't seem to have time for much these days, and I can only imagine that time will dwindle even more as my energy levels decrease. Hence the name, 'Running through my head,' I think my thoughts on this blog will be just that.

I mentioned before wanting to feel pregnant. Initially I 'felt' pregnant... I had 'the sypmtoms.' Then they just sort of all seemed to go away. I guess I've been blessed not to have morning sickness. I feel slightly generally ill at some point every day, but it's more flu-y feeling... tired, achey, sick (though not particularly nauseaus). Not that I want morning sickness... I just want reassurance that I'm still pregnant and everything is fine. I even took another pregnancy test last week just to make sure... yep, still pregnant. So that's that.

Today my concern is: are hot baths really that bad for the baby? They're my weakness. I absolutely LOVE hot baths. I read that it's OK to bath for 10 minutes. What about 11? What about 15? I was in the bath for about 20 minutes today. Eeek! I'm guilty, I admit it! But I figured that after 10 minutes the water had cooled down so much it wasn't dangerously hot anymore. Should I be sticking a little thermometer in the bath water with me??

6 comments:

Gracie said...

I wanna be a part of it too, Rach! Me too! In fact, I'm going to make it my goal to shrink my belly as yours grows so that I can feel a part of your physical transformation. Smiles-

Megan said...

Congratulations! I follow you & Mark on your blog, it's great to hear what you're doing even though you're so far away! Dave & I are actually having another one, I'm due 4 days after you! It's crazy that there are 3 pregnant Carlson cousins! (Unless there are more and I just don't know about it!) Congratulations again and a happy & healthy 9 months!
-Megan

Sue said...

this is a beautiful idea. i am thrilled for you.

it is too easy to feel guilty during pregnancy, but it does help us take SUPER good care of us and baby. ha! :) my friends generally say your body will tell you when it is too hot. that you will know if you are heating up too much for the safety of the babe, but i'm no expert. really. not at all!! :) haha.

love ya R, have a wonderful time being pregnant!!!
su

Mom Colvin said...

I was surfing the net about hot baths and pregnancy. I know back when I was pregnant we were advised not to have long hot baths but I realise that a lot of medical opinion has changed since then. I thought this website had a balanced approach.

www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/hotbathsexpert/

Hope this helps.

love, Mary XX

DAve and JAnie said...

I had never read anything about hot baths actualy. That's interesting. Hope you find your answer out and continue to relax. (do you like to take hots baths in hot australia? I guess when the weather is cooler...)
Very cute blog! I look forward to all the changes that WILL happen, and all the thoughts you will share!
Happy Baby growing!

Charis said...

YAY!!! How exciting! ;-) All my friends are having little bab's...woo hoo! Looking forward to watching little Colvin grow!

Much love xxx