Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Monday, March 31, 2008

Just an idea...

For those of you that want to actively participate in my pregnancy, I would welcome some little affirmation/inspiration/meditation cards to put around my house (as mentioned in the previous blog). It would be nice to see your handwriting, and it might even be really fun for you! You could use little cards, like index cards or even halves of cards, and accompany the sayings with stickers or collage them with magazine cut-outs or paint on them or whatever. Just an idea.

I could've used those cards today. I felt pretty ill all day. Nauseous and sick, and I still had to work for 11 hours. Yes, a full day plus a meeting after work! It wasn't too bad, but mentally I was trying to remember some positive things to say and remind myself of. Ugh. I'm still not too interested in food in general, but again, I ate... albeit a little bit. I would LOVE to be hungrier because I love eating. Oh well.

P.S. I'm now reading a book about lovely birthing stories.

3 comments:

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

By the way, I love your belly shot, although, I think Mark is right about it looking pretty much like your regular ole' belly ;) I can't wait to see more though!!

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

And PS just make sure you ARE eating what you can! It's really important that you're getting adequate nutrition and calories - even more than before and especially because you are already active! whatever does sound appealing - eat it.

DAve and JAnie said...

I like to positive thoughts you wrote on your last blog. What a great idea to fill your mind and spirit with thoughts that will help you get through the tired and sometimes ill days! I would agree with the little quote about remembering to prepare yourself for being a mother while you are preparing yourself for the birth. For me the 'mother' prep came in the last few months when I started gathering supplies, thinking about my values (our values I should say), deciding what type of mother i would be, how the baby would sleep, eat, etc... (which changed... because i could not predict the temperament of Corrina and the needs she would have that my 'ideas' of parenting didn't cover). As I remember all the wonderful preparing, the one thing I would say to is to be be flexible both in preparing for the birth and preparing to take care of baby. Have ideas, have dreams and desires, pick your favorite colors, but always be ready to change to maintain your sanity and your baby's health!
It is evident from all the thoughts and prayers you are giving this little child that the Lord is with you and him/her right now. It is evident from the posts you are writing-the way you talk about your child- that you and Mark will be conscious, loving parents, willing to learn and teach!
Take care.
Oh yeah, i remember making yogurt and fruit smoothies on those days when I needed the nutrients, but didn't want meals...
Have fun creating your own pregnancy/mother adventure
lots of love