Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Saturday, April 19, 2008

11 weeks, and we heard the heartbeat!

I am 11 weeks already! My how time flies when... you're pregnant. It seems like only yesterday I was 6 weeks along. So far I have to say it hasn't been too bad for me. Week 9 was probably the worst with feeling nauseous (I have a little dictionary right beside my computer for words like that!), and I've definitely been very tired the past few weeks, going to bed at ridiculously early hours and napping when I can. That's about it though.

So... Mark brought his stethoscope home last week and we decided to try to hear the baby's heartbeat, and we could! We first listened to my heartbeat and the sounds of my gurgling stomach, so as not to confuse the noises, and then we heard the fast beating of our baby's heart. It was strange and unreal, but good. I then read today that it is a very good sign if you can hear the baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks, as we did, and that we now only have a 2% chance of miscarraige. So that's a relief. I'm looking forward to hearing it again this week at my appointment with the midwife.

My baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long and is now almost fully formed. It is about the size of a fig. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, although I can't feel her yet, but I'll let you know when I do!

This is what she looks like...
And this is what I look like!



Oooo, and isn't this exciting... we've bought our first baby furniture items! I found them at a garage sale, $50 for the pair. We just have to find some cute drawer knobs for the dresser. The top is a changing table. We'll have to buy the pad thing from a baby store.




Since we don't know if it's a boy or girl, I've just been collecting items for both. I figure I can just give away what I don't need, as I have lots of pregnant friends right now.

This was the very first baby gift we received from our friends Kim and Paul. The lamb is so soft and cuddley and cute. Thanks guys!

And this little bunny is another favorite of mine, from my mom.

Thanks for all your comments and prayers and support. They mean a lot!

3 comments:

Roz said...

That's so exciting! I bet it really seems more real when you've got the baby stuff! You've got some really cute shoes! =)

ashley said...

Yay Rachel!! That's a great deal for the furniture. And it looks like it's in great shape. Atta girl! I did the same thing...started getting baby things for either gender. When you find a deal, you just can't pass it up!! ;o)

DAve and JAnie said...

Way to go finding the heart beat! You two will have fun locating body parts later on! Did you have your midwife appointment yet? How was that? I am definitely using a midwife the next time around. Your purchases are lovely. They look nice and sturdy, clean, and oh so baby! Have fun with you figlet this week!