Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Hmmm... when's this little guy going to join us???

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Belly Shot #2

My cousin Melissa asked for another belly shot, so here it is! This was taken at 9 weeks and 5 days. Yep, still not looking pregnant. What's your guess as to when I'll start showing??



So... last night, while Mark was away in Horsham, I had my first vomiting experience. I didn't throw up very much at all, but it was as yucky and uncomfortable as vomiting always is. It strangely happened after I went to bed. I decided to stay up very late besides being very tired since I have the day off today. I think that made my body feel all the worse and before I had drifted off to a sound sleep I was visiting the toilet. I feel much better this morning.

My first visit to the midwife is on Thursday, April 24. Mark will actually be away that day, but thankfully a friend from church, Kate, will be joining me at my appointment! I am very happy about that as I am the sort of person that wants to share every experience with someone else. She came over last night. We baked rasberry scones and started making 'affirmation cards' for myself. I still haven't finished any, but I hope to today. When I'm feeling rotten, or tired, I try to remember some of the positive phrases.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love how you have been updated all your friends and family with the details of pregnancy so we can journey alongside you. I only threw up a couple times during the first trimester too. You should definitely listen to your body when you are tired and not push it. Its amazing to think how our female bodies are working so hard creating life in addition to our normal routines so make sure your hit the pillow when you can and catch up on well deserved rest.
I love the belly shot. I don't think I really started showing until around 5 months. There was that in between time that wasn't so fun when my mid section just loked fat but not pregnant yet and then it was fun when it really started taking form. I look forward to the series of pics from you:)

love ya,
Jess

DAve and JAnie said...

I think you will start to really show just before 5 months. Just a guess though... not based on any scientific fact!
Hope that's the last of the pucking for you (also not based on any scientific!).
Thinking of you lots!